At Coffs Harbour Public School we acknowledge the importance of childrens nutrition and the link between a healthy breakfast and productive learning/concentration.
Therefore, each morning we provide students (who wish to attend) with a free breakfast from 8.30am - 9.00am in the Learning Hub.
Extensive research in Australia and overseas has found:
- Many children who skip breakfast are significantly heavier than those who eat breakfast.
- Skipping breakfast can diminish mental performance. Breakfast helps to increase attention span and makes children more interested in learning.
- Eating high fibre breakfast cereals reduces fatigue.
- Children who eat an inadequate breakfast are more likely to make poor food choices for the rest of the day and in the long term.
- People who eat breakfast have more nutritious diets than people who skip breakfast, and have better eating habits as they are less likely to be hungry for snacks during the day.